Thursday, June 29, 2006

Letter to Elected Representatives

Dear Ms. Murray (Cantwell and Mr. Larsen),

I am writing because I am very concerned over the efforts of prominent news organizations, namely the New York Times and the Los Angeles Times, to undermine the safety of our armed forces abroad and citzens here at home. However the populace feels about the legitimacy of the war in Iraq, the War on Terror has been substantially harmed by the exposure of the NSA wiretapping story as well as the SWIFT program. More over I do not see the harm balanced out any good wrought from "the public need to know." Indeed, concern is too mild a word for the emotion I feel - rage is more apt.

I urge you to seriously investigate the leaks to the NYT and the LAT. The leakers should be held accountable for damaging the security of our nation and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I further urge you to publicly censure the NYT and the LAT for their disgraceful conduct. I will be sending similar letters to my other representatives and be publishing this letter on my (we)blog.

Sincerely,

No comments: