Thursday, March 09, 2006

Benthic Explorer this is Deep Core

Do you remember that movie, The Abyss? (1989 really? Wow) Minus the nuclear warhead, that's alot like the Verbalist's fantasy life. He goes from Navy Seal, to undersea explorer, to alien first contact all within the space of a half hour - sometimes simulatneously.

Yes, you guessed it, it was bath time. Splashing and giggling punctuated by a gargled: "Watch out!" Then, horrors, what does my ear catch? The water running full bore. Oh Dear Lord above not that. Overflowing, spreading across the floor, meeting my big, fluffy socks which turn oh so cold and clammy. I turn off both faucets and scold the grinning five year old as I peel the sodden footwear from my chilly tooties. Turning, I drop them in the hamper. As I do I hear the ominous *slap, slap, slap* of little hands. The Infant has crawled to the fray, face shining, as she discovers the joy of two inch standing water.

No comments: