Monday, November 06, 2006

Day Five

Struggling back from my devestating blow on Saturday:

Weekend Goal: 1900-2100 words
Weekend total: 5033 words

Accumulative Goal: 7600-8400 words
Accumulative Total: 5680 words

Actually it is a bit more, and by a bit I mean less than a hundred words, of the first part of the 4000+ words I lost. It's the introduction of the first two of the three major characters and the set up to the first major plot vehicle but I couldn't summon the will to go back and rewrite it. I have decided to push forward into the plot and make up the word count by moving forward not retrieving what was lost. I feel as if I go back I will lose momentum and the project will fizzle and I will fail to finish the 50,000 word goal.

So I need to make up a little under 2000 words to be back on track with my cumulative goal. Plus I want to get a nice cushion of words in place of the three or so days I am going to sacrifice to the holiday. Two driving and one day of revelry is what i am looking at. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

No comments: