Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Not Long

In about an hour and a half I will be wending my way to downtown Seattle to catch a sneak peek of Serenity, the new Firefly flick. Aside from the sheer joy of going out in the evening for a change (thanks Mom! For the marathon babysit!) it promises to be a excellent movie.

Just when I thought I could not revel in nerdiness more, Jim Treacher linked to this interview between Joss Whedon and Neil Gaiman. I am in nerd heaven. Plus, Whedon talks about Wonder Woman who was an icon of my kidhood.

JW: In my head, it's the finest film ever not typed yet. It's incredible fun, partially because I was never actually a huge fan. I never really felt there was . . . there's been some great work, but never one definitive run on the book for her, and I'm not a fan of the show. I feel like I'm taking an icon I already know and creating it for the first time.

NG: She's such a character without a definitive story. Or even without a definitive version.

JW: That's how I feel. I hope to change that because I really feel her. Let's face it: She's an Amazon, and she will not be denied.

No comments: