Monday, September 19, 2005

Oink, Oink

Glenn Reynolds and NZ Bear are taking Congress at it's word and identifying pork to cut to help offset costs associated with Hurrican Katrina. I have emailed Patty Murray, Maria Cantwell and Rick Larsen and hope to hear back. Both Cantwell and Larsen are usually pretty prompt replying so I hope to have a reply soon.

The Asparagus money has already been earmarked by Josh's Weblog. So I am going to take aim at this little gem:

$17,160,000 for projects in the state of Senate appropriator Patty Murray (D-Wash.) and the districts of House appropriators George Nethercutt, Jr. (R-Wash.) and Norm Dicks (D-Wash.): $8,200,000 for the Fort Lewis Army Chapel (which offers diverse services for Christians, Jews, Muslims, and even Wiccans); $6,970,000 for Phase I of the lab consolidation at Bangor Naval Base; and $1,990,000 for a dangerous materials storehouse at Whidbey Island Naval Air Station.


I'm all for church for soldiers, but 8 million bucks? I don't think so. The Navy stuff I don't know enough to complain about but labs and dangerous materials require research.

No comments: