Friday, June 10, 2005

Life imitates IMAO

Or is Frank J. actually onto something here? He writes Howling Howard's next absurdities but I think that his Stay at Home Mom's joke has already come to pass. Let's look at the evidence shall we?

First here is Dean's speech (emphasis mine) as captured by Trey Jackson:
"You think people can work all day and then pick up their kids at child care or wherever and get home and still manage to sandwich in an eight-hour vote? Well Republicans, I guess can do that. Because a lot of them have never made an honest living in their lives."

Let's see then, according to Howard Dean then being a stay at home parent is not a real job. Neither is working from home to facilitate watching your kids instead plunking them in day care. I bet Howard Dean would never figure out how to take three kids under five to a polling place. But wait there is more! Many elected Democrats are saying that Dean is not speaking for the party, let's do a time warp and look at the words of what could have been our First Lady.

Quote One:

Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good. But I don't know that she's ever had a real job — I mean, since she's been grown up.

Quote Two:
I had forgotten that Mrs. Bush had worked as a school teacher and librarian, and there couldn't be a more important job than teaching our children.

Lest you forget, Teresa Heinz Kerry was dismissing Laura Bush because she had stayed at home to raise her daughters, and then when she apologized didn't bother to say parenting is difficult. These quotes caught my eye back during the election cycle because I have been and am a librarian, teacher and stay at home mom. I think the insults have already been dished out.

No comments: