Thursday, February 23, 2006

Update from Monday

It's been a craptacular week. First Sis is rushed to the hospital where she has emergency surgery to remove her gall bladder, second we find out that her husband (who is stationed on the USS Eisenhower) has pnemonia and a temperature of 105 degrees F. Third, a beloved grandparent has gone into decline and is not expected to make it through another week. So I may blog but don't count on anything unti Sunday when I am hosting the Carnival of Recipes!!! Yay!!!!

In the mean time let me share some life philosophy courtesy of Finding Nemo (2003).

Dory: Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down do you wanna know what you've gotta do?
Marlin: No I don't wanna know.
Dory: [singing] Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
Marlin: Dory, no singing.
Dory: [continuing] Ha, ha, ha, ha, ho. I love to swim. When you want to swim you want to swim.
Marlin: Now I'm stuck with that song... Now it's in my head.
Dory: Sorry.


When I feel like Marlin I try to be Dory. (And no not all my life philosophy comes from Disney movies but sometimes they pithily encapsulate things.)

No comments: